For the 2017/18 Academic Year, the school has received £16,740 from the DfE for P.E. and Sport.
This year, the school will use the PE and Sport Grant as follows:
- Use of specialist PE staff to lead high quality PE sessions and to contribute to staff professional development.
- Using PE as a tool for pupil engagement and to increase the rate of pupil progess, i.e.Reading the Game (football based comprehension programme) and Premier League Primary Stars (Y5 catch up programme, involving English and PE)
- Encourage children’s improved fitness through a greater range of sports and activities, e.g Daily Steps, Fitness, Dance and Aerobics
- Transport to inter-school games events involving Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 children.
- Development of specialist PE kit and expansion of resources.
- The provision of qualified swimming teachers to work alongside school staff to reduce the ratio in swimming lessons and enhance existing provision.