Mrs Emily Walker
Knowledge and understanding of the world
At the beginning of term we will look at:
- Road safety
- Reflective clothing
- Bonfire safety
We will be learning about:
- Arctic environments and the animals that live there.
We will experiment with ice and have an ‘ice art’ day.
We will be using the theme ‘Winter Wonderland’ as a starting point for our mark making and writing.
Other stories will be used, we will be mark making using a wide variety of resources.
Reading sessions will happen every day with teachers and volunteers. More volunteers are always needed.
Handwriting is taught in the cursive style from the beginning.
Letters and sounds is taught every day, we follow the government programme. We will send home the new sounds in the reading diary for you to learn at home.
Maths work will focus on the practical application of skills and completing investigations on a regular basis.
- Number work will focus on securing number recognition to 10 and to 20 for some.
- Shape work will focus on learning 2D and 3D shape names.
- Practical work with weight, height, time and capacity will happen throughout the term.
We will follow the Discovery scheme.
- The unit is called ’What is Christmas’?
Expressive arts and design
We will be working with a variety of mixed media, creating cards, calendars and crafts.
Is on Thursday
Please come to school in your old home clothes, coat and please keep your wellies in school.
We will look at:
- firework safety
- being calm and peaceful,
- sharing and thinking about others.
Is on a Wednesday
Please ensure your PE kit is in school.
Will be on a Tuesday afternoon with Mrs Hawke.
Songs and rhymes will be sung daily in class. We will be rehearsing for our Christmas Production.