The DfE’s best Practice Advice for Schools Complaints Procedures 2016 defines a complaint as ‘an expression of dissatisfaction however made, about actions taken or a lack of action. Many issues can be resolved informally without the need to use formal procedures. Our school takes informal concerns seriously and tries to resolve them as quickly as possible.
Anyone may make a complaint about the school, not just parents or carers of children registered at the school.
Some complaints fall outside the scope of this policy, as there are separate statutory procedures:
- Admissions to schools
- Statutory assessment of Special Educational Needs
- School re-organisation proposals
- Matters likely to require a Child Protection investigation
- Exclusion of children from school
- Staff grievances and disciplinary procedures
To view our full complaints policy please select the attached document.