Mr Matthew Feltham
- Place value of 3 and 4 digit numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Partitioning (parting) numbers in different ways
- Addition and subtraction written methods
- Multiplication tables and related division facts
- Telling the time on 12, 24 hour and analogue clocks
- Data handling
- Reading Roman numerals up to 100
- 2d and 3d shape
- Solving problems related to all of the above
Times table tests will continue over a 2-week cycle. Please note that it is the requirement that children know times tables up to 12x12 by the end of Year 4.
- Online research and communication
- Digital recordings
Texts we’ll be learning about:
- Recounts (newspaper reports)
- Poetry and personification
- Short narrative
- Information leaflets
Spellings will focus on homophones (words that sound the same but are spelt differently and have different meanings) and letter patterns. We will continue to practise punctuation and grammar activities, which will reflect the homework given to reinforce taught areas.
- Soil and rocks
- Aquatic Plants
- Working scientifically
Net games such as football and rugby, including:
- striking a ball
- team strategy
- tackling and intercepting
1. Where do I belong? What do I celebrate?
2. Special Relationships
- Belonging and celebrating
- What do Christians do together?
- What do they celebrate and how?
- How does a Hindu belong and what do they celebrate?
- Special relationships –with each other and with God (Christian and Jewish perspectives)
Design and Technology
- Mechanical systems
- Making instruments
Art and Design
- Music –inspired art
Music and Movement
- Learning the ukulele
- rhythm and beat
- listening to and appraising music
- Music of the 20th Century